⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Support for compound data types

From: Maarten Sneep <maarten.sneep>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 18:45:57 +0200

On 07/04/2016 12:29 PM, Richard Olav Rud wrote:
> Dear CF community,
>
> We are currently working on exporting our NASA Ames formated data to cf-compliant
> netCDF for our atmospheric composition database.
>
> Since our metadata changes over time, for most of our variables, we were thinking
> about using compound data types.
> Most of our metadata is of little interest to our average user and therefore we would
> avoid listing them as variables. Even so, we are still obligated to present this
> information.
>
> So I am wondering if there any plans in the near future to implement compound data
> types for the CF metadata conventions?

What level of metadata? per-variable or per-granule or even per-dataset? If the
latter (2): take a look at the methods employed for Sentinel 5 precursor.

http://www.tropomi.eu/documents/level-2-products
http://www.tropomi.eu/science/level-2-products

(the first link contains documentation, the second has (pre-launch) sample products).

Best,

Maarten Sneep
--
KNMI