⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Wave periods sub-proposal

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 07:59:50 -0400

Thank you, Roy, for heading up this effort.

I still have a problem with including the word mean in the standard
name for sea_surface_wave_period, and would like to suggest that
we add another standard name without that word. If this is model
data, or a high frequency record, it may not in fact be a mean. If
we need 2 terms for surface wave periods in order to make all the
wave standard names consistent, so be it.

Also, I think the word 'significant' is a modifier of the word wave,
and therefore sea_surface_wave_significant_period could be
sea_surface_significant_wave_period. The definition uses the phrase
'significant wave period', not wave significant period, as well.

I'm sorry I didn't work harder to resolve these issues in the off-list
discussion, it's been a busy time here.

Cheers - Nan