⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard attributes for anomaly

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:28:48 +0100

Dear David

A standard name modifier is the mechanism I would suggest too if we needed one,
but on the other hand (a) in practice the standard name modifiers have caused
complications, discussed in trac tickets, which makes it a less attractive
mechanism, and (b) there are currently only five anomaly standard names, so
this doesn't presently seem to be a need which requires a special mechanism.
By comparison we have hundreds of standard names involving chemical species,
all individually proposed, and so far that has worked all right.

.----- Forwarded message from David Hassell <d.c.hassell at reading.ac.uk> -----

----- End forwarded message -----