⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Meeting invite: Advancing netCDF-CF, 24-26 May 2016, Boulder, CO, USA

From: Ethan Davis <edavis>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:09:47 -0600

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your comments.

I've added them to our agenda planning notes. We'll work to get all this
integrated in some form for the meeting and future discussions.

Yes, though I'm not that familiar with the details of UGRID, it does (now
that you mention it) seem related in some ways to the river/basin topic.
I've been thinking of the river/basin issue as an extension to cell bounds
and the footprint of a data value. But, at least in the case of river
segments and drainage basins, capturing the connections between those 1-D
and 2-D objects seems much more appropriate. It would also be nice to use
similar mechanisms so that hydrological model outputs could interoperate
nicely with estuary and coastal modeling.

Cheers,

Ethan

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory at reading.ac.uk