⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Meeting invite: Advancing netCDF-CF, 24-26 May 2016, Boulder, CO, USA

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 16:43:11 -0700

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Steve Hankin <steven.c.hankin at noaa.gov>
wrote:

> Two more topics to consider as additions to your list:
>
> 1. "UGRID" -- Of interest to the coastal ocean modeling community, and
> stuck in a holding pattern for quite a long time, is the harmonization of
> mesh/unstructured grid coordinates into the main body of CF. The work is
> mostly completed ...

Thanks Steve -- I was hoping someone would print that out.

Though it's not in a holding pattern, we actually just pushed our a version
1.0, and it's seeign some use:

http://ugrid-conventions.github.io/ugrid-conventions/

Though yes, it's been pretty darn quiet, and it would be great to solidify
it's relationship to CF.

I can't attend the meeting, but hopefully someone from the UGRID community
could.

I've also been involved in trying to standardize a convention to storing
the results of particle tracking models:

https://github.com/NOAA-ORR-ERD/nc_particles/blob/master/nc_particle_standard.md

Though again, I can't go and that one may still be too fresh for the larger
community.

> 2. "Aggregation" -- CF structures to link multiple files into larger
> conceptual datasets.

+1 on this one too!

-Chris

--