⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names and vertical coordinate for bed stratigraphy / sediment layers

From: Bert Jagers <Bert.Jagers>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 22:31:25 +0000

Thanks Steve.

I didn?t know the term ?areic?, but I?m open to following that ISO convention.
However, that would introduce a third line of names next to ?mass_content? and ?mass_per_unit_area?, so for me it?s more a question what the CF community prefers.

Most people will understand ?mass_per_unit_area? without need for further information.
Most people will NOT know the expression ?areic_mass? but its meaning can be easily found on the Internet without visiting the CF pages.
Most people will NOT know the expression ?mass_content? and I believe that this is pretty CF specific, so for me least attractive.

Best regards,

Bert