⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard_name values for some cloud and aerosol related variables

From: Andreas Hilboll <lists>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 13:44:17 +0200

On 01.10.2015 13:14, Maarten Sneep wrote:
> On 30/09/15 23:33, Jonathan Gregory wrote:
>
> There is one issue left: the two wavelengths used in the derivation of
> the 'residue' (older, even more vague name than
> ultraviolet_aerosol_index) must somehow be attached to the variable. We
> can stipulate that the anciliary_variables link to a variable with
> standard_name radiation_wavelength to indicate these two wavelengths. I
> think something similar have been done before.

If a standard_name is unique within one file, using a standard_name of
radiation_wavelength for this purpose would effectively prevent the
inclusion of other wavelength variables in the file.

I'm only raising this issue because I couldn't find any information
about the (non-)uniqueness of a standard_name within one file. Can
anyone point me to where this is explicitly defined?

-- Andreas.