⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard name: angle between solar and sensor azimuth

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:03:02 +0100

Dear Andreas

I see there is a quantity named relative_sensor_azimuth_angle which is not the
same as your quantity, but confusion is possible! Therefore a name for your
quantity should include "solar" somewhere in it to clarify this, I suggest,
not just "relative azimuth angle". CF standard names are often descriptions,
so maybe it would be reasonable to call it difference_between_sensor_and_solar_
azimuth_angles. We have other stdnames containing "difference_between_X_and_Y".
Then in the definition you could say that the difference of angle is taken
either clockwise or anticlockwise, whichever is smaller, so that the angle is
no more than 180 degrees and is unsigned - have I understood that properly?

----- Forwarded message from Andreas Hilboll <lists at hilboll.de> -----