⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] original_ensemble_size

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 08:11:32 -0400

Hi.

It seems to me that you would want a coordinate variable with the
standard name 'realization' (whether scalar or multi-valued) and give it
an attribute with the name 'ensemble_size'. You can store the
realization number in the variable and the ensemble size in the attribute.

Grace and peace,

Jim

On 7/23/15 6:11 AM, Hedley, Mark wrote:
> I use the
> 'coordinates'
> attribute on my data variable, referencing the scalar 'ensemble_size'
> variable, thus defining this ensemble_size as a scalar coordinate
> variable for the temperature dataset
>
> mark

CICS-NC <http://www.cicsnc.org/> Visit us on
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc> 	*Jim Biard*
*Research Scholar*
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC <http://cicsnc.org/>
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information <http://ncdc.noaa.gov/>
/formerly NOAA?s National Climatic Data Center/
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org <mailto:jbiard at cicsnc.org>
o: +1 828 271 4900
/Connect with us on Facebook for climate
<https://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate> and ocean and geophysics
<https://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo> information, and follow us
on Twitter at _at_NOAANCEIclimate <https://twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate> and
_at_NOAANCEIocngeo <https://twitter.com/NOAANCEIocngeo>. /