⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] original_ensemble_size

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 14:42:34 -0700

Hi Mark,

I didn't quite understand how the standard name gets associated with a
variable (containing 1 or more realizations from the ensemble). Someone
said it was through a scalar coordinate variable, but I don't see how
the ensemble member is a function of the ensemble size, so why would
this be appropriate?

Could you supply an example?

Also, I didn't follow why "original" was included in "original ensemble
size". Surely, you wouldn't report this number unless you thought the
ensemble size was pretty much set and wouldn't change. In that case
there shouldn't be a need for a "modified ensemble size", so wouldn't
"ensemble size" suffice?

thanks,
Karl