⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Roms: ocean_s_coordinate_g1 and g2?

From: John Graybeal <jbgraybeal>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 08:22:26 -0700

If we have actually agreed on what CF-1.7 is -- that is, ALL the things that make up CF-1.7 -- then I agree that telling people to put CF-1.7 into the Conventions attribute is Just Fine. But I didn't realize we knew what all the 1.7 things were yet.

Also, if we do know what all the things are that make up CF-1.7, and that's all that's holding up CF-1.7, then the correct thing to do is go old school and just make a plain old CF-1.7 document in the fastest possible way. Don't worry about change markups, don't worry about production, just get it out there. The nice technological approach can then play catch-up, with the advantage of a target document to match.

But I didn't realize CF-1.7 was anywhere close to final form, so putting it in an attribute would be premature if that's true.

John