⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard name requests for TSI and SSI

From: Timothy Patterson <Timothy.Patterson>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 17:09:22 +0200

Just a quick comment on the proposed standard name

       distance_from_sun (m)

It seems ambiguous to me, as a distance implies a measurement between two points, and this specifies only one.

As an example, in our datasets, we have variables like distance_from_sun_to_earth and distance_from_sun_to_satellite.

If distance_from_sun is to be a new standard name and not an attribute attached to solar_irradiance, I think the name should be more descriptive and possibly more specifically linked for its use with solar_irradiance.

Regards,

Tim Patterson