⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Attributes on bounds variables

From: David Hassell <d.c.hassell>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 17:42:47 +0100

Hello Everyone,

I'm preparing a ticket which will propose making the rules on adding
attributes to bounds variables a little clearer:

  http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.7/build/cf-conventions.html#cell-boundaries

and will also add some requirements and recommendations to the cell
boundaries section of the conformance document:

  http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-documents/requirements-recommendations/requirements-recommendations-1.7.html)

Before I do this, it would be very useful to know if anyone has any
CF-netCDF dataset examples which require particular attributes on a
bounds variables which could not instead be given to its associated
coordinate or auxiliary coordinate variable. I can't think of any, but
its a rich and varied world out there ...

Many thanks and all the best,

David

--
David Hassell
National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS)
E-mail: d.c.hassell at reading.ac.uk