⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ancillary variables in coordinate variables (latitude, longitude, ...)

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 17:58:34 +0100

Dear Kristian

Ancillary variables are only for data variables in the current convention.
It wouldn't be illegal to use the attribute on coord variables, but CF
doesn't define what that would mean. (CF always permits any non-standardised
attributes.)

I wonder whether these are 1D coord variables (in the Unidata sense) or
aux coord vars (named by the coordinates attribute)? In the latter case, it
could be OK, because other data variables could be named as aux coord vars.

----- Forwarded message from Kristian Sebasti??n <ksebastian at socib.es> -----