⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ancillary variables in coordinate variables (latitude, longitude, ...)

From: Kristian Sebastián <ksebastian>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 08:43:54 +0200

Dear CF community,

We have some dataset with quality controls applied to the coordinate
variables, such as latitude and longitude coordinate. The result are
quality control variables that we associate as ancillary variables of the
coordinate variables with the ancillary_variables attribute. For example,
the LAT coordinate variable has the ancillary variable QC_LAT. The dataset
http://thredds.socib.es/thredds/dodsC/drifter/surface_drifter/drifter_svp052-ime_svp017/L1/2014/dep0001_drifter-svp052_ime-svp017_L1_2014-05-25.nc

The cf-conventions clarifies the use of the ancillary_variables attribute
for data variables but not for coordinate variables. My question is, Is the
ancillary_variables attribute in coordinates variables compliant with the
cf-conventions?

Best regards,

Kristian

--