⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standardized Region Names

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:14:55 +0100

Hi Ros and Alison,

The standardised region names are held in the NERC Vocabulary server. An RDF-XML version may be obtained using:

http://vocab.nerc.ac.uk/collection/P30/current/accepted

You can also use this to check the validity of a particular area name, For example to verify 'antarctica' simply enter the URL:

http://vocab.nerc.ac.uk/collection/P30/current/antarctica/

If the term in the last field is invalid then you will get an HTTP 400 error.

If this serves your purposes then you can save yourself a job.

Cheers, Roy.