⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for new standard-name: apparent_oxygen_utilization

From: Ajay Krishnan - NOAA Affiliate <ajay.krishnan>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 15:43:52 -0400

Dear CF community,

After consulting my colleagues at NODC (Hernan and Tim), we have agreed on
the following definition as suggested by John Graybeal:

Apparent Oxygen Utilization (AOU) is the difference between measured
dissolved oxygen concentration in water, and the equilibrium saturation
concentration of dissolved oxygen in water with the same physical and
chemical properties.

Reference: Broecker, W. S. and T. H. Peng (1982), Tracers in the Sea,
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Palisades, N. Y.

Thanks for being patient with us on this.

Regards,
Ajay