⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Editing/publishing workflow update

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 16:44:52 +0000

Dear Richard

Thanks for addressing the example-numbering.

> > Can you generate a PDF?
>
> I can ... but there will probably need to be another thread of work to iron out any wrinkles in the PDF conversion software. Now that the single-page HTML version has made good progress I'll start to give that some attention.

Great.

> My version is based directly off the DocBook files on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-convention.github.io/tree/master/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.7/docbooksrc
>
> Because the AsciiDoc form is generated by a conversion script it should be relatively straightforward to base it off a different set of DocBook files. For example, I'd like to run my conversion script on the previous versions of the conventions to allow easy comparison and a consistent, one-stop-shop for all versions.

Yes, good idea. I think that for checking that your version is correct, I would
compare it with the "official" existing PDF of CF 1.6. Do you have the DocBook
source for that, corresponding to
https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-convention.github.io/tree/master/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.6
which just contains html and pdf?