⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New UDUnits units for information: "byte" and "octet"

From: Steve Emmerson <emmerson>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 11:39:51 -0700

Jonathan,

avogadro_constant = 6.022...e23/mole
molecule = 1/avogadro_constant => 6.022...e23 molecules = 6.022...e23
(mole/6.022...e23) = 1 mole

Now if we could just get the people who want units of "photon", "enzyme",
"giraffe", etc. to use units of "avogadro_constant-1" (which is understood
by UDUNITS) then all would be well.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson