⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] HTAP2 last revisions

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:23:30 +0000

Dear Brigitte,

Thank you for getting back to me about your proposals and sorry for the delay in responding. The names

surface_net_downward_mass_flux_of_ammonia_due_to_bidirectional_surface_exchange (kg m-2 s-1)
mole_fraction_of_artificial_tracer_with_fixed_lifetime_in_air (1)
tracer_lifetime (s)

are now accepted for inclusion in the standard name table.

As regards item (7), the resistance names, we now have the following.

> aerodynamic_resistance (m-1 s)
> "The "aerodynamic_resistance" is the resistance to mixing through the boundary layer toward the surface by means of the dominant process,
> turbulent transport. Reference: Wesely, M. L., 1989, doi:10.1016/0004-6981(89)90153-4."

OK, I think we're settled on this then. This name is accepted for inclusion in the standard name table.

canopy_resistance_to_ozone_dry_deposition (m-1 s)

The name and units are fine - I accept that canopy_resistance is a widely used term. Thank you for supplying the additional explanation which I've now added to the definition as follows:

" "Canopy" means the plant or vegetation canopy. The "canopy_resistance" is the resistance of a compound to uptake by the vegetation canopy. It varies both with the surface and the chemical species or physical state (gas or particle). Canopy resistance is a function of the canopy stomatal resistance (Rstom),the canopy cuticle resistance (Rcuticle), and the soil resistance (Rsoil). In the case of ozone the uptake by the cuticle is small compared to the uptake through the stomata, reference: Kerstiens and Lendzian, 1989. This means that the cuticle transfer pathway can be neglected in a model parameterization, reference: Ganzeveld and Jos Lelieveld , 1995, doi/10.1029/95JD02266/pdf. The chemical formula for ozone is O3. The IUPAC name for ozone is trioxygen"

This name is accepted for inclusion in the standard name table.

This means that all your proposals (104 names) are now accepted and will be published very shortly in the standard name table. The full list of names can be viewed at: http://cfeditor.ceda.ac.uk/proposals/1?status=active&namefilter=&proposerfilter=Brigitte&descfilter=&unitfilter=&yearfilter=&filter+and+display=Filter.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this discussion. It is good to bring this to a successful conclusion.

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065