⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] HTAP2 last revisions

From: Schultz, Martin <m.schultz>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 21:05:52 +0000

Dear Alison,

     great overview! Thanks very much for this. I am happy with all of your suggestions, so you can count my vote if needed.

    Concerning the "resistance" terminology: This refers to a resistance model approach for which a paper by Wesely, 1989 (Atmos. Env., 23/6) is widely referred to. This paper talks about "surface resistances" and explicitly mentions "aerodynamic resistance", "quasilaminar sublayer resistance", and "bulk surface resistance", the latter being composed of various terms, among them a term for "stomatal resistance". Explicit reference is made to Ohm's law as analogy, and this concept is widely known in the community. I would hence argue in favour of keeping the word resistance in these terms.

With best regards,

Martin

Message: 2