⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] string valued coordinates

From: Hedley, Mark <mark.hedley>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 12:09:10 +0000

Hello Jim et al

I have followed your path and I agree with your analysis

It looks like my assumption, and a whole part of my discussion thread, is based on a piece of code in a third party udunits wrapper which is not part of udunits. Hence I have been muddying the issue with an interpretation which is not valid.

Apologies for the confusion this has caused.

I now retract all my statements linked to
units = ''
as udunits unequivocally interprets this as equivalent to
units = '1'

I will consider this some more and try to come up with a coherent thought process which is supported by the software.

all the best
mark