⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] GRIB2 data cutoff

From: Hedley, Mark <mark.hedley>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 11:25:43 +0000

Hi Richard

I see no responses yet on prior art for this concept, perhaps it is not widely used in CF-netCDF.

If that is the case, may I suggest that a new standard_name is required to label such a coordinate?

perhaps
  data_cut-off_time
  A datetime which defines the instant after which observational data for a
  forecast run is no longer included in that forecast, which may be different
  from the forecast_reference_time.

Please would the community provide a little feedback on whether this would be suitable for inclusion into the standard_names table?

thank you
mark