⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-2

From: Ted Habermann <thabermann>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:24:59 +0000

All,

I originally sent this to an old list... Sorry for the duplication...

Ted

John et al.,

Looking forward to your deliberations on the evolution of CF to include groups. I think this is a critical step forward (both for data and especially for metadata)... I am happy to say that Aleksandar Jelenak will be representing The HDF Group in these discussions...

One other item that you might consider is sparse coordinate variables... These would be coordinate variables that have fewer items than the axis they are related to or essentially coordinate variables with a stride. This capability could be very helpful as we move to higher resolution datasets and would also facilitate integration of some legacy NASA datasets into CF tools... Just a thought...

I know others have walked this path before and have been turned back... good luck to you and your colleagues!

May the force be with you...
Ted

[cid:32323496-C60B-49FF-8310-11CCF46BDC72]