⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposals for Versioning CF Conventions and Standard Names on Github

From: Hattersley, Richard <richard.hattersley>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:26:53 +0000

> You _can_ have different documents in different branches, but that's not really how branches were designed to be used, and I think would be a big confusing.

Indeed. Given their independent release cycles it would be *much* more natural and convenient to host them in two separate repositories as originally suggested by Rich Signell. That opens the door to using tags and releases as an easy way to provide a persistent record of versioned snapshots.

Richard Hattersley