⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] IAGOS-CARIBIC parameters

From: John Graybeal <john.graybeal>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:08:49 -0700

Hi J?rg,

Thanks for clarifying the units. I agree with the semantic concern you raise about the names. I couldn't make the description fit the name terminology after several attempts, but I am a novice in that domain.

Regarding " the tradition in the CF community to combine variable and matrix or platform", could you describe what you mean by this? I don't know which terms are combining matrix or platform -- platform for example only (?) comes into play when the measurement is of a platform and its characteristics, and I'm guessing you'll agree that this needs to be kept distinct from measurements of ambient conditions in the environment.

John