⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] downward_air_velocity

From: Kehoe, Kenneth E. <kkehoe>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:51:54 +0000

Dear CF-metadata,

I would like to propose a new standard_name to complement upward_air_velocity. upward_air_velocity uses positive values to indicate upward direction, but we have many instrument that use a convention of positive values to indicate downward direction. Can we clone upward_air_velocity to downward_air_velocity with the sign convention reversed?

Thanks,

Ken

Kenneth E. Kehoe
Research Associate
ARM Climate Research Facility Data Quality Office

Office: 303-497-4754
Cell: 405-826-0299