⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Is there a 'turnkey' application that displays CF trajectory plots?

From: Cathy Smith <cathy.smith>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 09:03:08 -0600

Jim

We plot trajectories here.

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/cgi-bin/data/trajtool/traj.pl

We use Fortran code to calculate the trajectories, stored the output in
nertCDF and then use a NCL script to plot them. The script works pretty
well (except where trajectories pass over 0E). We looked into CF
complaint netCDF trajectories standard a while back but didn't implement
them. Part of the reason was that the code output into it's own netCDF
format. Still, we could have reread and stored the data. I think we
would have needed to change how time was handled. Also, times went
backward for back trajectories and we weren't clear if that was okay.

We may try to transition to CF at some point.

Cathy Smith