⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] normalized_radar_backscatter_coefficient

From: Niedfeldt, John C <John.C.Niedfeldt>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:49:16 +0000

Dear all,
Hello again! About two months back I sent in a request, which is referenced below, in which I requested that we add the ?normalized_radar_backscatter_coefficient? in CF. Having heard nothing to the contrary, and seeing as no other standards name match our needs, we at PO.DAAC will be moving forward in implementing this new standard name.

As our newly reprocessed netCDF datasets shall soon serve as an online replacement for existing datasets already in use by hundreds of interdisciplinary scatterometry data users, we hope to likewise hear back from you soon as to whether there is consensus on our proposed standard name. If there is anything further we can do to build community consensus on our proposed standard name, please let me know.

Sincerely,
John

--
John Niedfeldt