⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposing Standard Names for Lightning Event, Group and Flash Radiant Energy

From: rhorne at excaliburlabs.com <rhorne>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:14:55 -0400

Dear Allison:

 Thanks for taking the time to review and comment. I think your revision to the definition of the standard name is fine.

 Recapping ...

 standard_name:
 lightning radiant energy

 definiiton:
 The standard name "lightning radiant energy" means the energy emitted as electromagnetic radiation due to lightning. A coordinate variable of radiation_wavelength, radiation_frequency, or sensor_band_central_wavelength may be specified to indicate that the lightning_radiant_energy applies at specific wavelengths or frequencies. Bounds of the time and spatial coordinates may be specified to indicate the time interval and spatial extent over which the energy is emitted.

 canonical units:

 very respectfully,

 randy