⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Atmospheric Physics Discovery

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 10:17:35 +0100

Dear All,

Two simple questions that have arisen from the need for atmospheric physics data discovery in SeaDataNet.

1) Would a typical atmospheric physicist searching for sound velocity in air data be happy to receive hits from data sets containing air density, but not sound velocity per se?
2) Would a typical atmospheric physicist searching for air density data be happy to receive hits from data sets containing air temperature but not air density per se?

As my experience in the atmospheric physics domain is extremely limited any opinions from those who work with these types of data would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I now work part-time from Tuesday to Thursday. E-mail response on other days is possible but not guaranteed!