⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cloud amounts

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 08:37:58 +0200

Hi Mark,

concerning question 3.: the methodology used to calculate the different
cloud-types from model-layers: Many models use a method called
maximum-random overlap which seems to have several implementations.

Roughly, for adjacent levels, the max is taken, while for non-adjacent
levels, a random overlap is taken (e.g. 50% + 50% -> 75%)

Heiko