⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF data model discussion and OGC CF-netCDF docs

From: Ethan Davis <edavis>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:33:57 -0600

Hi all,

[Sorry to post here instead of on the trac data model discussion. I'm
having trouble (on my end) logging into the trac site.]

I'm not remembering or finding any mention in the CF data model
discussion of the OGC CF-netCDF [1] implementation specification
(11-165r2) [2]. Stefano Nativi and Ben Domenico have put a lot of work
into developing this mapping of CF-netCDF into the various OGC/ISO
abstract models. Seems like it might be useful especially in terms of
the recent grid mapping / dimensionless vertical coordinates / CRS
discussions given that OGC has a lot of experience with CRS and is more
recently trying to include concepts to cover dimensionless vertical
coordinates (sorry, not finding that specification).

Hope that's helpful,

Ethan

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/netcdf
[2] https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=51908

--
Ethan Davis                                       UCAR Unidata Program
edavis at unidata.ucar.edu                    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu