⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] should ancillary variables make use of coordinates attribute ?

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:05:46 -0400

Randy,

I think it depends on whether or not the ancillary variable can stand meaningfully on it?s own. If it would make sense to plot it in it?s own right, then I?d add the coordinates attribute.

Grace and peace,

Jim

Visit us on
Facebook Jim Biard
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC
North Carolina State University
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org