⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] How to handle a forecast model with non-monotonic coordinate variables

From: John Graybeal <jbgraybeal>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:41:21 -0800

As I recall, disallowing missing data for auxiliary coordinate variables was originally just 'inherited' from the rule for coordinate variables. The argument was made (correctly I think) that sometimes the auxiliary coordinate variable is measured or calculated as part of the same process that generates the data which *has* the auxiliary coordinate variable, and that it didn't make sense to force the generation of auxiliary coordinate variables in those cases.

I think this argument was made and accepted by all a little while back, and I've seen nothing refuting it.

John