⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Calendar string clarification

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:13:17 +0000

Dear Peter

> As such might I request some clarification as to whether 'Gregorian' is also a valid calendar string, and by extension whether such capitalisation is likewise acceptable in other calendar strings?

In section 2.6, the CF document says

"When this standard defines string attributes that may take various prescribed
values, the possible values are generally given in lower case. However,
applications programs should not be sensitive to case in these attributes."

So, "gregorian" can be capitalised however you like.

Cheers

Jonathan