⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF upgrade to netCDF variable names

From: Ethan Davis <edavis>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:00:13 -0700

Hi all,

The use of "should" may, by many, be interpreted as a recommendation
rather than as a requirement.

Though the terms "must", "should", and "may" are used throughout the CF
spec, I am not finding any text that defines those terms.

Perhaps a reference to the IETF RFC 2119 [1] (which defines these and a
few other related terms) should be added to the CF spec. Though it seems
that might require a fairly full review of the uses in CF of the terms
defined in RFC 2119.

Ethan

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt