⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard names: day, night, and day/night terminator area_fractions

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:38:20 -0500

Hi, and Happy New Year!

I tried writing out the definition repeatedly, making it more and more succinct, and came up with some possible names.

The sequence went something like:

Fraction of cell area for which X is within the stated bounds
Area fraction for which X is within the stated bounds
Area fraction for X within bounds
area_fraction_expressing_X (candidate?)
area_fraction_featuring_X (candidate?)
area_fraction_exhibiting_X (candidate?)
area_fraction_with_X (candidate? I like this one best.)

I figured they might at least spur some discussion. Feel free to hate them all. I won?t mind.

Grace and peace,

Jim

Visit us on
Facebook Jim Biard
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC
North Carolina State University
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org