⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name for primary production of carbon per unit volume

From: John Graybeal <john.graybeal>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 14:54:27 -0800

Hi Roy,

The indication I had received from other sources (when I asked them why CF didn't seem to have any production per unit volume names that I could find) was that this parameter was generally measured only at the ocean surface, via satellites -- hence per unit area was the common unit. Your explanation adds a lot to my understanding -- and maybe should be reflected in the descriptions!

Thanks!

John