⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Cell methods when there are no coordinates

From: Hedley, Mark <mark.hedley>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 09:41:20 +0000

thank you for the feedback Steve, you raise some interesting points

With regard to the history or cell_method, I think I would prefer to use the cell_method, as it has a well defined syntax construction which fits well with defining the operation I have performed.

To make this more explicit, I have updated my example to maintain the ensemble dimension I have aggregated over, with length 1. This defines a data dimension, without a coordinate defining it. I think this better represents the notion of a cell within my data over which a cell_method has been applied.
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/aggregateExampleMH

As stated, I would like to define the conceptual range over which the aggregation took place, in my cell_method entry. To do this, I think it makes sense to reference the relevant ancillary variables.

I hope this clarifies the case slightly.

many thanks
mark