⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Towards recognizing and exploiting hierarchical groups (Charlie Zender - Steve Hankin - Richard Signell)

From: Charlie Zender <zender>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:26:53 -0700

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your input and link to an earlier presentation of yours.

Agree that the proposal only applies to group hierarchies, i.e., to
groups representable by the Common Data Model 2/extended/enhanced
which for practical purposes means groups exposed by the netCDF4 API.
Your way of putting it is better because it's more generic: we only
seek to define metadata inheritance for hierarchical groups, no matter
the external representation of the group.

Cheers,
cz

Le 16/09/2013 12:06, Russ Rew a ?crit :