⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] how to represent a non-standard error

From: Jim Biard <jim.biard>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 13:22:08 -0400

Randy,

Thanks. I guess I'm still wondering how you can validly assign a label such as "error" to a number that doesn't somehow tell you the likelihood of the variable value being within some sort of interval. Without getting too hung up on statistical formalisms, can you explain what use this number is to you?

Grace and peace,

Jim

Jim Biard
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites
Remote Sensing and Applications Division
National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801-5001

jim.biard at noaa.gov
828-271-4900

Follow us on Facebook!