⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for a new standard_name: barometric_altitude

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 17:57:17 +0100

Dear Martin

Obviously these quantities are useful. I have two suggestions for your
consideration, hoping I have understood the idea.

* Would it be acceptable and useful to follow some other kinds of standard name
and call this air_pressure_expressed_as_altitude?

* above_ground doesn't seem specific enough to me, because you don't mean the
local ground, which we would usually call "surface" in standard names (i.e. the
bottom of the atmosphere). To be more precise, we could use something longer
such as wrt_surface_at_flight_origin. It refers to a particular time and place.

----- Forwarded message from "Schultz, Martin" <m.schultz at fz-juelich.de> -----