⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_name_vocabulary attribute

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:20:09 +0100

Jim/Ajay,

There may be misunderstanding here. If Ajay wants to cite the source of the standard name, then as Jim says he should follow standard library practice and include both the version number and the publication date.

However, I understood that Ajay wanted to provide a URI in the form of a URL for a particular standard name, which is something completely different. What our experience has taught us is that version numbers of lists have no place in the URIs (whether URNs or URLs) for members of that list. This is the advice that I was trying to pass on to Ajay.

Does that clarify?

Cheers, Roy.