⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name: atmosphere_stability_k_index

From: Jonathan Wrotny <jwrotny>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:47:45 -0400

Dear Jonathan Gregory,

I would like to make one correction to the
"atmosphere_stability_k_index" proposal. The GOES-R product that is
motivating this submission will have units of degrees Celsius, but in
order to have consistency with some of the other atmosphere stability
indices, the canonical units should be Kelvins. So, the updated
proposal is then:

Standard Name:atmosphere_stability_k_index

Definition:The atmosphere_stability_k_index is an index that indicates
the potential of severe convection and is often referred to a simply the
k index. The index is derived from the difference in air temperature
between 850 and 500 hPa, the dew point temperature at 850 hPa, and the
difference between the air temperature and the dew point temperature at
700 hPa.

Canonical Units:K

Sincerely,

Jonathan Wrotny