⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name: land_surface_skin_temperature

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:15:12 -0700

Dear Jonathan W.

If I recall correctly, surface_temperature means "sea surface
temperature" over the ocean and "skin" temperature over land. In models
I think it is the temperature used in radiation calculations
(emissivity*sigma* surf. temp**4). How would
"land_surface_skin_temperature" differ from land "surface_temperature"?
(note that there is also a standard name for "surface_air_temperature"
which is the air temperature typically 2 m above the surface.)

Karl