⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name: total_totals_index

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:40:25 -0600

Jonathan W--

Whoops, two Jonathans in the thread -- I should have included a last name.
Sorry for the confusion!

My reply was to Jonathan Gregory's question about indicating the start/end
pressures.

If the total totals and showalter indices are always calculated for the same
pressure heights, I agree, it makes sense to include those in the definition
and leave off any mention of starting/ending coordinate variables.

(But now we've got a backup option in case someone comes up with a
generalized version that isn't always 500/850 mb...)

Cheers,

--Seth