⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] GOES-R generated binary mask products under proposal

From: Jim Biard <jim.biard>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 08:54:52 -0400

There may be a complex algorithm underlying the binary state to be represented by these standard names, but there clearly is a threshold for each binary state. There is some level of each constituent for which the corresponding algorithm will produce zeros. It seems to me that it would better to state even a rough estimate of the threshold in each case than to leave it unstated.

Jim Biard
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites
Remote Sensing and Applications Division
National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801-5001

jim.biard at noaa.gov
828-271-4900

Follow us on Facebook!