⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New reflectance standard names

From: Ted Kennelly <ekennell>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 18:01:03 -0400

Below are the updated descriptions for the two proposed standard names.
Note CF does not seem to have a definition for albedo though it is used
in a handful of standard_names.

-ted

?toa_lambertian_equivalent_albedo?

?Albedo is the ratio of the outgoing to the incoming power per unit area
(irradiance). A coordinate variable can be used to specify the radiation
wavelength or frequency. ?toa? means top of atmosphere.
?lambertian_equivalent? means the quantity is evaluated for a diffusely
reflecting surface.?

canonical units = 1

?toa_lambertian_equivalent_albedo_multiplied_by_cosine_solar_zenith_angle?

?Albedo is the ratio of the outgoing to the incoming power per unit area
(irradiance). A coordinate variable can be used to specify the radiation
wavelength or frequency. ?toa? means top of atmosphere.
?lambertian_equivalent? means the quantity is evaluated for a diffusely
reflecting surface. ?multiplied_by_cosine_solar_zenith_angle? means that
the quantity has normalized to remove the angular dependence of the
incoming shortwave irradiance?

canonical units = 1