⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] how to store satellite groundpixel geometry?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:54:27 +0000

Dear Andreas

> > The convention does not yet
> > have a standard representation for satellite swath data.
>
> Is this something which might change? I could try to make an according
> proposal, if you guys think this would be within the scope of the CF
> convention.

> I will probably go for one single dimension, "observation", and then add
> variables as I need, adhering to the conventions where they exist. I
> would be interested in getting a standard representation for satellite
> swath data into CF, to have my files as standards-conforming as possible.

Perhaps this is a new kind of feature type, which ought to be added to
section 9 of the standard. What do you think? So far, it is not clear to me
what you need which cannot already be done with the existing conventions, but
I may not have followed these emails closely enough. How does it differ from
the feature types already defined?

Cheers

Jonathan